Friday, February 13, 2015

Cinnamon Weight Loss

If you follow this blog or sister Facebook page, you would have heard/read me mention the fat burning benefits of the common spice cinnamon. I was so intrigued by the reported benefits (at least to my aim of losing weight) that I went searching for further evidence of benefits. 


So, the big question is what can Cinnamon do for use? Plenty you will see…

Speed Up Metabolism
Researchers have noticed that cinnamon can alter (in the human body) the metabolism of both sugar and carbs, so that your body is better able to use carbs taken in in food so they don’t turn into excess fat. As you must know when your metabolism is boosted, you burn more calories.

Helps Burn Belly Fat
Everywhere I go to these days, whatever I read, I see people hyping about the benefits of cinnamon particularly in blasting belly fat. For me, this is excellent news as I really need to blast the tire in my middle (if you get my drift). Also you all know that abdominal fat is the most life threatening, right?

Suppresses appetite
Some researchers claim that cinnamon can actually slow down the process of moving food to your stomach; which could make you feel fuller for longer. In plain language, it you help you eat less in the long run as you will feel fuller for longer.

Sweet Substitute
Everyone who wants to lose weight is usually off sweets, right? Not only did I hear, but I have found cinnamon a good alternative when you are controlling your sweet consumption. It helps add that extra yummy flavor to food that (for want of a better word) tricks you into thinking you are eating just the thing you sweet tooth craves.

You & Cinnamon
The question now is how to incorporate cinnamon into your daily meal. I normally add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to my bowl of oats (porridge). It darkens the oats, but what you lose in color, you gain in yummy factor; then it smells heavenly. Also, I love tea, so I mix ½ a teaspoon of ground ginger, with ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon in my tea, for all the metabolism speeding, fat burning benefits mentioned above. I like to take this at night because I found it helps me get to sleep easier (no scientific research backing this).

I’ve read that you could also:
  • Mix ground cinnamon into your butter or spread to give it a wonderfully appetizing fragrance with the weight loss benefits.
  • Real honey (1 table spoon) and cinnamon (½ a teaspoon) mixed in hot water or tea is also an excellent choice.
  • A dash of cinnamon in any beverage of your choice is a good way to gain the benefits of this amazing spice.
Do you have any ideas for incorporating cinnamon into my (J) diet? Care to share?

Don’t be shy… share DROPIT4LIFE on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn!
Don’t forget, you can get weekly updates sent straight to your email if you type in your email address in the space provided on the right, and click ‘submit’!
Don’t forget to check your email and activate your subscription!

3 comments:

  1. Liz I also found it adds a great flavor to jollof rice and my nightcap chocochino (coffee+hot chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cinnamon. But here we only get the powder form...where can one get the sticks? Thanks Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cinnamon but only get the powder. Where can I get the sticks? Thanks Liz.

    ReplyDelete